Entrance to Uzbekistan for citizens of the following countries is carried out without a visa:
1. CIS countries: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan (up to 60 days).
2. Other countries: starting from February 10, 2018, visa-free entry to Uzbekistan (up to 30 days) is valid for citizens of seven countries: Israel, Indonesia, the Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Turkey, and Japan.
3. Simplified procedure for issuing visas. Citizens of the following countries can independently obtain a visa without presenting a tourist voucher or an invitation, only in diplomatic missions and consular offices of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad. Registration of the visa will take 2 working days, not counting the day of receipt of documents.
The visa-free regime does not apply to stateless persons permanently residing in the territories of these countries.
From February 2019, citizens of another 45 countries will be able to enter Uzbekistan without a visa for a period of 30 days. List of countries:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brunei Darussalam
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- The Republic of Cyprus
- San Marino
- The United Kingdom
- The Czech Republic
Simplified procedure for issuing visas:
In accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. PD-3836 "On Further Measures to Improve the Procedure for the Entry of Foreign Citizens into the Republic of Uzbekistan" on July 4, 2018 and with a view to further improving the procedure for the entry of foreigners into the country from July 15, 2018:
- the system of issuing electronic entry tourist visas for foreign citizens in respect of which a simplified procedure for issuing visas is established (the list of countries is attached)
- you can apply for an electronic visa on the official website of the government by this link www.e-visa.gov.uz
9. Saudi Arabia
10. United States of America
Short-term visa-free entry:
For citizens of several states that transit through international airports of the Republic of Uzbekistan, if they have an air ticket to a third country, they can enter the Republic of Uzbekistan without a visa for a period of not more than five days. This procedure applies to transit air passengers wishing to explore the sights of Uzbekistan (a list of countries is attached);
For registration and issuance of visas by the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the following tariffs of consular fees are provided:
a) For single-entry visas:
• up to 7 days - 40 US dollars;
• up to 15 days - 50 US dollars;
• up to 30 days - 60 US dollars;
• up to 3 months - 80 US dollars;
• up to 6 months - 120 US dollars;
• up to 1 year - 160 US dollars.
Note: for each additional visa multiplicity, the tariff rate is increased by 10 US dollars.
b) For multiple visas:
• up to 6 months - 150 US dollars;
• up to 1 year - 250 US dollars.
c) For transit visas:
• up to 72 hours - 40 US dollars;
• for a double transit visa - 50 US dollars.
d) For group visas (there must be at least 5 people in the group, excluding children under 16):
• up to 15 days - 15 US dollars per person;
• up to 30 days - 25 US dollars per person.
Foreign citizens and stateless people intending to come to Uzbekistan from a country where there is no diplomatic mission or consulate of the institution of Uzbekistan can obtain visas upon arrival at the consular department of the International Airport "Tashkent". For this purpose, the person who invites or organization located in the territory of Uzbekistan must contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan in advance and receive an appropriate visa confirmation and send it to the invited person. This confirmation is shown when fulfilling a purchase of a ticket, passing passport control. On the basis of confirmation a visa is issued upon arrival at the consular department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the international airport "Tashkent".