Entrance to Uzbekistan for citizens of the following countries is carried out without a visa:
1. CIS countries: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan (up to 60 days).
2. Other countries: starting from February 10, 2018, visa-free entry to Uzbekistan (up to 30 days) is valid for citizens of seven countries: Israel, Indonesia, the Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Turkey, and Japan.
3. Simplified procedure for issuing visas. Citizens of the following countries can independently obtain a visa without presenting a tourist voucher or an invitation, only in diplomatic missions and consular offices of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad. Registration of the visa will take 2 working days, not counting the day of receipt of documents.
To obtain a visa for foreign citizens and stateless people, it is necessary to submit the following documents to the diplomatic mission or consular post of Uzbekistan abroad:
- a passport, a document of a stateless person whose validity must exceed the validity of the visa for at least 3 (three) months;
- a completed visa application form in 2 (two) copies. You can download the official application for an Uzbek tourist visa on the website: evisa.mfa.uz;
-2 (two) photos of small format.
Tariffs of consular fees for processing tourist visas of the Republic of Uzbekistan are from $ 40 to $ 200, depending on the citizenship and length of stay.
Foreign citizens and stateless people intending to come to Uzbekistan from a country where there is no diplomatic mission or consulate of the institution of Uzbekistan can obtain visas upon arrival at the consular department of the International Airport "Tashkent". For this purpose, the person who invites or organization located in the territory of Uzbekistan must contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan in advance and receive an appropriate visa confirmation and send it to the invited person. This confirmation is shown when fulfilling a purchase of a ticket, passing passport control. On the basis of confirmation a visa is issued upon arrival at the consular department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the international airport "Tashkent".
Stateless people and foreign citizens of other countries can enter the country and follow transit through its territory only if they have entry visas.
Visas for foreign citizens and stateless people are issued in diplomatic missions and consular offices of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad on the basis of visa support (permission of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan).
Visa support is issued on the basis of petitions of legal entities and individuals who make an invitation and permanently or temporarily stays in the territory of Uzbekistan, represented in the Ministry of foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan. The deadline for consideration of petitions of legal entities and individuals in the Foreign Ministry is 7 working days, in compliance with the established procedure of documents’ submission.
Except the documents mentioned above, foreign citizens and stateless people, must also have a visa of the state and travel documents including confirmed date of departure from Uzbekistan to the country of destination to obtain a transit visa. The period of consideration of visa documents in this case is 3 days
Conditions of temporary residence.
Foreign citizens arriving in Uzbekistan with a tourist visa can only stay in hotels. Guests staying in hotels are automatically registered.