When entering Uzbekistan, individuals who have reached the age of 16 fill out the customs declaration of the T-6 form, which indicates: the amount of imported foreign currency, inventory (jewelry, photo and video cameras, computers, etc.) and other personal property accessories, marking them as a second-hand, as well as information about people under 16 years of age. The customs declaration of the T-6 form is filled in 2 copies, one of which remains with you for the entire stay in Uzbekistan.
Important customs rules:
It is allowed to import into Uzbekistan:
- Unlimited amount of foreign currency (must be included into T-6 form)
- Up to 1,000 cigarettes or 1 kilogram of tobacco products
- 1.5 liters of alcoholic beverages and up to 2 liters of wine
- Perfume in reasonable quantities for personal use
It is prohibited to import into Uzbekistan:
- Prohibited materials in the form of photographs or prints, video, audio files directed against Uzbekistan
- Live animals. Exception for those that are imported by special authorization
- All types of weapons and ammunition
- Any types of drugs
- Fruit and vegetables
It is prohibited to export from Uzbekistan:
- Firearms and weapons
- Precious metals (gold, silver, etc.) and products made of them, exception if these items are the personal property of passengers (for example, personal jewelry) and are comprised into the customs declaration at the time of arrival
- Products containing precious stones and / or natural pearls
- Antiques and art objects (only through special permission of the Ministry of Culture)
- Natural Fur
Rules for dealing with currency:
Import and export of currency:
Only imported and exported foreign currency in cash over eq. $ 2 000 is declared and presented to the employee of customs authorities. It is allowed to freely move the cash from the country within the limits of eq. $5, 000 (abiding the rules of declaration). In case of having sum over provided limit:
For residents - permission of the Central Bank of Uzbekistan, in which the entire exported amount is indicated. The authorization is valid for 3 months from the date of issue (the procedure for issuing permission is here);
For non-residents – passenger customs declaration, filled at the entrance to Uzbekistan. They can not take out more than they imported earlier.
Important! The specified permission documents for the export of cash foreign currency are used once. For example, if a citizen has received permission from the Central Bank to export $ 10,000, then upon departure, he will hand it over to the customs authorities and, accordingly, will not be able to reuse it. Similarly, when a non-resident imported $ 12,000 into our country, having filled the passenger customs declaration for that amount of money, and subsequently took out $ 6,000, by presenting it, another $ 6,000 will be taken away next time for the same declaration.
At Tashkent International Airport named after Islam Karimov, as well as in other international airports of Uzbekistan, a double corridor system was launched. Thus, individuals crossing the customs border can choose the "green" or "red" corridor for customs operations as a form of declaring goods for non-commercial purposes.