Islam Khodja Complex
Practically modern complex Islam Khodja, referred to the early XX century, includes minaret and madrasah united by the name Islam Khodja. The construction of the madrasah and minaret was started in 1908 according the initiatives of Asfandiyar khan ruler's father-in-law and his main vizier. The building process of the minaret and madrasah comprises the participation of well-known architect Khudaybergan Khadji as well as skillful nakkashi (creators of patterns) Eshmukhammad Khudayberdyev and Bolta Voisov. The construction of both objects had been finished by 1910.
Madrasah consists of 42 khidjrs (small rooms) and large domical hall. Contrasting combinations of architectural forms in a small area provide the conception about the skills of architects. The Mekhrab is decorated with majolica and carving. In addition, walls are decotrated with glaze and ornamental tile. Islam Khodja minaret is called as a symbol of Khiva.